Thousands of students from various parts of Telangana gathered at the Osmania University here Sunday to demand separate Telangana state with the central government. dozens of folk singers performed on the stage set against the backdrop of the majestic Arts College building.
A sea of students swarmed the Osmania University, despite severe restrictions by the police and paramilitary forces all over the region, to participate in the Telangana Vidyarthi Garjana on Sunday . The police were themselves shocked to see such a huge turnout despite the restrictions put on their movements.
Tens of thousands of Girls from 10 Telangana dists marched to Osmania .The students occupied every inch of space available in the OU campus and raised Jai Telangana slogans. It was a sea of humanity everywhere in the campus. Though there were no political party representatives and no organisational mechanisms, the JAC student leaders made arrangements for themselves
Girls who turned up for Telangana Vidyarthi Garjana at Osmania cheering the balladeers . Despite strong restictions levied by police and para military an rough estimate of 2 lakhs students turned up another 1 lakh students were stopped on their way to Osmania Univ.
Above Telangana students relasing New Year calender with Arts college in backdrop . A large number of families with children were also able to enter the OU premises. While the main meeting was held at the grounds in front of the Arts college, there were three other venues on the campus that had some meetings on. The OU meeting appears to give an indication that the Telangana protesters are readying themselves for a long-drawn battle
Osmania University Telangana Vidyardula Simha Garjana @ Arts Coll
A huge turn out of students to Osmania campus has electrified the situation at "Telangana Vidyarthi Garjana" . When the meeting has started with invitees speaking one by one from the dias, students clapped to the provocative calls from leaders.
Power of youth and power of the students reverberated in their speeches. Most of these speeches concentrated on criticizing those Political parties who are against formation of Telangana state, remembering the 1969 agitation, warnings to Political leaders who are against Telangana and taking oaths to take forward the movement even without association of Political parties.
Few highlights of this students roar are:
1. Chandrababu Naidu has conducted the secret meet of Coastal Andhra investors and YS Jagan has conducted the meet of Rayalaseema investors to stop the movement of Telangana.
2. Students promised not to write any kind of exams till Telangana is declared.
3. Lok Satta and TDP Chandrababu Naidu must change their attitude towards Telangana.
4. MIM, CPI and PRP should come with students and help formation of Telangana.
5. State and Central Governments would be sent to burial ground if Jan 5 talks fail.
6. Osmania University is the land of martyrs and Telangana movement has taken birth not from Politicians but from students.
7. Bury the party offices of TDP, Congress and Lok satta if they are against Telangana.
8. All those students (Amaraveerulu) who lost lives in this Telangana movement should be given Rs.10lakh each and a Govt. job to one of their family members.
9. Roshaiah Gochi Oodaali and Seemandhra leaders Khabaddaar if any word uttered against Telangana.
10. Hyderabad is a part of Telangana state and no one can tear it apart.
11. Police are trying to obstruct huge turn out students from 10 districts of Telangana in the outskirts of Hyderabad.
With a turn out of nearly one and half lakh students and personalities like KodandaRam, konda lakshman Bapuji, Telangana Director Shankar…the energy levels of students raised many a times with shouting of “Jai Telangana” slogans.