Monday, February 20, 2012

On Shivaratri , from Bala Murali Krishna's Tatvalu : Emi Sethura Linga ?




Emi Sethura Linga ??? On Shivaratri , From My favorite Bala MuraliKrishana "Tatvaalu". Grief of an Devotee wonderfully expressed where in Devotee sings in helplessness in finding something Pure to do "Linga Abhishekam" (which has not been tasted/impured by other creatures). Wot a song !
My Sashtaang Pranams to Bala Muralikrishna !

Translation :

A worshiper is expressing his hopelessness of trying to pray his deity with the purest form of offerings.

What Do I Do, Oh Lord! What do I do?

Thought I will offer water from Holy Ganges,

But it contains the spittle of Frogs and Fishes!

Thought I will offer milk from the sacred Cows,

But it contains the spittle of its calves!

Thought I will offer flowers of Common Leucas,

But it contains the spittle of thousand bees!

What do I do, Oh Lord! What Can I do?


By Trinath

No comments: