RSS & Sewa Bharati workers distributed rice, biscuits, toast and other food supplies that had been brought from Chikkaballapur. An RSS , Sewa Bharati team distributed food provisions to some flood victims of Poinguinim on Sunday.
14 lakh people are affected by the flash floods of Krishna & Tungabhadra Rivers that has devastated Kurnool & Mahaboob Nagar Districts. Seva Bharati & RSS Volunteers were the first to reach out for the Rescue Operation. Following are the service details as on 5th October.
Kurnool District :
- Breakup of Swayamsevaks rushed to Rescue operation of Kurnool District :
Nandyal : 150 Adoni : 80
Total 990 Swayamsevaks serving in Kurnool District.
- Out of 29 affected surrounding villages of
we have so far reached out to 20 villages. Kurnool Town
- Rescued 1000 people from old city of
by using ropes. Kurnool
- 5 Health Camps running round the clock.
district we have so far distributed 5 lakh Chapatis, 3 lakh water packets, 1 lakh Biscuit packets, 2 lakh Bread packets. Kurnool
- At Mantralayam food camps and health Camps are Running round the Clock. Cremation of unidentified bodies and burial of dead cows is ongoing. We have so far distributed Rs.One Lakh worth of Blankets, Rs. One Lakh Worth of Clothes, One Lakh Pulihora Packets.
Mahaboob Nagar District :
- 1000 Swayamsevaks rushed to Rescue operation of Mahaboob Nagar District.
- Service is carried out in 50 villages of 10 mandals.
- In Mahaboob Nagar District we have so far distributed 30,000 Food Packets, 5 Lakh Water Packets, 20,000 Jowar Roti Packets, 50,000 Chapathi Packets, 20,000 Bread packets, 1 lakh Biscuit packets and Rs. 70,000 worth of Medicines.
- As per survey done 0n 5th October, in Mahaboob Nagar district alone 16,000 families are homeless, It is estimated that the basic survival kit costs as below.
- Cooking utensils Rs. 450-00
- Provisions (Rice, Dal, Tamarind etc) Rs. 600-00
- Blankets and Mats Rs. 150-00
Total cost of survival kit per family Rs. 1,200-00
- The total cos of survival kit for 16,000 families is Rs. 1.92 Crores
How to contribute :
A time for action is here again. Let us donate generously for the relief and rehabilitation of the affected people many of whom have lost everything overnight.
Online transfer of funds can be done to Seva Bharathi A/c No: : 2010036679 , Syndicate bank,. Branch code 3017., Kachiguda Railway station branch, Hyderabad;
Or Seva Bharati A/C No: 630501065297, ICICI Bank, Himayatnagar Branch, Hyderabad
You can also draw a cheque/draft in the name of Seva Bharathi and post/courier it to below address
Nimboliadda, Hyderabad 50007
Mob: + 91 9701226830, +91 9849262868
[Please note that all contributions to Seva Bharathi are tax-exempt under 80G.]