Friday, January 2, 2015

My 'Uttara Dwaram' entry on Vaikunta Ekadashi .

Being Agnostic, I dont venture into temples much. All my Temple visits in last couple of years happened only with my friend Ravi & his Family. This year was no different. They took me to Sri Ranga Natha Swamy temple . The uniqueness of this ancient temple is that it has only "uttara dwaram" (also called as "vaikunta dwaram") . Its very rare among Hindu temples to have that permanent feature. We all entered sanctum-sanctorum through "uttara dwaram". We rarely see Gods/Goddesses (Idols) facing "Uttaram" , this temple has that feature.

My college is just 2 furlongs from the Temple but never heard about this 200 year old temple then. Maybe then I was too engrossed in ABVP activities.

As I mentioned in my last post that Hindu's believe any who enter through "vaikunta dwaram" on Vaikunta Ekadasi gets his sins cleansed, get blessed with direct entry to Heaven after death and thus saved from birth-rebirth cycle. In short he/she gets ultimate "Moksh" .

Just wondering with yesterdays "uttara dwaram" entry did i got direct one way Visa to heaven and saved from life cycle ??? So, my next address is "vaikuntam",  if you wanna meet me then you better come down to "Vaikuntam" hahaa...

No comments: