Monday, August 15, 2011

On 15th August , remembering the partition of my Mother land



What Is 15th August For ??

( Below lines were written on eve of Independence Day . They portrait the agony of Hindu's who were betrayed by then leadership . These lines are not against the celebration of 15th Aug , but sad remembrance of that betrayal .)


आज़ादी अबी अधूरी है !
अखंड भारत अबी बाखी है !!

I do not know what 15th August is for ??
I do not know what Independence is for ???

During midnight sleep of civilization
My future came under the sword of vivisection

I believed the leaders, who promised me of a free nation
But these Mahatma’s kneeled and okayed the partition

Hindu’s were hounded out and made to run
While Mahatma’s were busy basking under new sun

The storm of insanity turned into a rage of flood
With exodus, borders looked red with Hindu’s blood
.
But this night one family's future at Red-Fort started to bloom
Everyone else looked low , their hearts filled with gloom

I do not know what 15th August is for ??
I do not know what Independence is for ???

No comments: